Redirect

zondag 14 augustus 2016

I'M IN THE NEWSPAPER?!

Hi Mad Family!

As requested, I'm writing a little translation today! My personal friends who have me on Facebook might've already seen it, but I WAS IN THE NEWSPAPER! A journalist from a Belgian newspaper had come across my blog and contacted me to write an article and of course I said YAAAAASSSS!

I'll post a picture of the original article in Dutch and underneath the translation in English and French. Excuse me if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes, I'll try my best




English

Gaëtane can't live without Disney(land)
"Disneyland never gets old", says Gaëtane (24). And she means it, because she visits the theme park in Paris at least one day per month. As Mad Madam Gaëtane she writes a blog about her passion for Disney. Magic!

Some people go out for dinner every month, others visits a welness centre to shake off their worries. Gaëtane has an appointment with Disneyland Paris every single month. "The counter is on 69 visits by now. In Summer I don't visit that often, because the parks feel like a real theme park then. But during the special seasons such as Spring, Halloween and Christmas, you feel transported to a magical world." Her first visit dates from 1995, when she was only a toddler.

Terrified
 "I was only 3 years old and terrified of Beauty and the Beast's Beast character. But the old videos and pictures are amazing to look back to. As a little girl I already knew all the movies and songs by heart and that passion never went away. We went back to Disneyland Paris every year, even though there was a period I was too cool for Disney. But never the love never went away completely. In 2011 I got my first annual pass, since then I can visit whenever I want."
Even after 69 visits she's not tired of Disney. "I don't understand people who say that they've seen everything after only one visit. Every single time I discover new things, see new shows and meet new characters. I keep loving it! My disneyfriends call me 'The Queen of Brunch' because I often do a characterbrunch. Meeting Mickey still makes me as happy as the first time I met him. I also love photography a lot." With these pictures Gaëtane started working on her blog Mad Madam Gaëtane, a wink to the witch Mad Madam Mim from the Sword in the Stone. "I love the villains in the Disney movies, because they're always so characteristic, so out there. Mad Madam Mim is a witch with many  sides. She likes all kinds of things and can transform in all kinds of creatures. And I find myself in those characteristics."
I hear you think, working in Disney must be a dream. "And that used to be, but now I work as a physiotherapist and study to become an osteopath, I found my way in working. I'd rather stay backstage than 'on scene': I don't want to spoil the magic too much for myself."

Français



Gaëtane sait pas vivre sans Disney(land)
"Disneyland m'ennuierai jamais", dit Gaëtane (24). Et elle le jure, car elle visite les parcs Disney au moins un jour par mois. Comme Mad Madam Gaëtane, elle écrit un blog sur sa passion pour Disney. La Magie!

Certains gens vont sur le restaurant chaque mois, des autres visitent un centre à bien-être pour oublier leurs soucis. Gaërtane à rendez-vous avec Disneyland Paris chaque mois. "J'ai compté 69 visites maintenant. Pendant l'été, je visite pas autant, parce là c'est un vrai parc à thèmes. Mais pendant les saisons de Printemps, Halloween et Noël, je me sens dans un monde magique." Sa première visite date du 1995, quand elle était encore tout petit.


Terrifié
"J'avais que 3 ans et j'étais terrifié de la Bête de la Belle et la Bête. Mais les photos et videos qui datent de mon premier visite sont super pour revoir. Dès que j'étais petite, je connaissais tous les films et chansons par coeur et la passion n'est jamais fini. On retournait à Disneyland Paris chaque année, même dans la période ou j'étais trop cool pour Disney. Mais l'amour pour Disney n'est jamais vraiment fini et comme ça, j'ai pris mon premier passeport annuel en 2011. Depuis, je peux visiter autant que je veux."
Même après 69 visites, Disney me fatigue pas. "Je comprends pas les gens qui disent qu'ils ont tout vu après une seule visite. Chaque fois, je remarque des trucs neufs, des nouveaux show et je rencontre des nouveaux personnages. Je continue à l'adorer! Mes amis m'appellent 'La Reine du Brunch' parce que je vais souvent au Brunch avec des personnages Disney. Rencontrer Mickey me rends toujours heureuse. J'aime beaucoup la photographie aussi." Et avec ces photos, elle travaille pour son blog Mad Madam Gaëtane, une réference a la sorcière Mad Madam Mim du Merlin l'Enchanteur. "J'adore les villains dans les films, parce qu'ils ont toujours des caractérisques très fort. Mad Madam Mim est une sorcière qui peut se transformer et qui adore beaucoup des choses différent et pour moi, je me retrouve dans caractéristiques."
Je sens vous penser, travailler pour Disney, ça doit être un rêve. "Avant oui, mais maintenant je travaille comme kinésithérapeute et je fais des études pour devenir osteopathe et là j'ai vraiment trouvé mon genre de travail. Je préfère rester en backstage que sur scène, je veux pas ruiner la magie trop pour moi-même."

xo
Gaëtane

2 opmerkingen :

  1. Leuk stukje hoor! Een plezier om te lezen.
    Alleen 1 stukje staat er 2x vertaald: i hear you think...too much for myself

    Groetjes John

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dankje! Was superleuk om eens in de krant te staan! Oh dankje om het te zeggen, heb het meteen verbeterd! Groetjes!

      Verwijderen