Redirect

donderdag 25 juni 2015

Disneyland Paris | Yoo Hoo! Big summer blowout! – Disneyland Paris Daytrip Report

So 24th of June was the day I was going back to Disneyland Paris after my graduation exams. I hadn’t particularly planned a lot for this trip, I was just planning on getting some sales, having a stroll, meet some characters, just a perfect Disney day for me.
As you may, or may not, know, I own a Dream Annual Pass to Disneyland Paris, which means you can come to the park 365 days a year.


Arriving to Marne La Vallée-Chessy at 8.30, I first take my usual sidetrack to the Disneyland Hotel. I guess this hotel must be one of my favorite places around the resort. I just love the atmosphere, the perfume in there, the Victorian style just giving me a sense of chill. By instinct I run upstairs to Galerie Mickey, the hotel shop. I spot some first sales, meanly non-Disney Desigual clothes at -70%, the Disneyland Paris Spa range at €5 at bottle and Paul & Joe dresses at -50%.


My eye catches the new hotel merchandise range, it is just beautiful. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick my favorite things up in the end, but I’m confident this range is a keeper, so I’ll have my spree later.

Time to enter the park now, I can access the Extra Magical Hours thanks to my Annual Pass, so in the park I go. Welcome!

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

I hop into Flora’s Boutique to get the new Photopass+ for Annual Pass Holders. The Photopass+ has been introduced at Disneyland Paris for a while now at the price of €49.99 (valid for 10 days), but recently they introduced the same system for Fantasy and Dreampass holders. Untill July 3rd, you can get a Photopass+ valid for 365 days at a price of €29.99 (Dream) or €39.99 (Fantasy). After July 3rd, it’ll be 10 euros more. A bit too enthousiastic, I burst out of the shop to meet my first character of the day… At least I thought so, until I saw the queuelines. Goofy and Pluto were meeting at the Discovery Arcade, Donald was at the Town Square Gazebo and Mr. and Mrs. Mouse were at the boarding house. Queuelines were insanely long, so I decided to continue my journey on the sales side. No sales at the Emporium, a lot of clothes and bags at -50% and 70% at Main Street Motors, but nothing really of my taste. I spot some people queuing in front of the Harringtons Fine Porcelain Shop, which apparently hadn’t opened yet (it was around 9 o’clock now), I decide to join the people there, because they were talking about the amazing sales they spotted through the window. The shop opened at 9.30 and the Cast Members nearly get run over by the people there. *insert the Lion King Stampede scene here*. Here I did my first damage of the day. I got 2 Phantom Manor chandeliers for €8 each, instead of €39.99 (they were discount to €10, but you get your extra 20% off with your annual pass too), 1 Phantom Manor hourglass at €12 (from €32.99) and a beautiful Mickey figurine from the Mechanical Kingdom series for €40 instead of 129 euros. The pins were not on sale, but I'm collecting these two series, so they had to come home with me too... Win!
Phantom Manor Merchandise
Mechanical Kingdom Mickey



I continue my journey to the Christmas shop in the castle, there were no sales there, but I really wanted to pick up some stuff that would probably sell out during the day. The Cinderella and Snow White Shoe Ornament were added to my collection, as well as a glass dome hanger with Chip and Dale, a Anna Christmas ornament and a little Elsa Snowglobe. If you’re wondering, I didn’t carry my purchases around all day, Disney offers a free shopping service where you can either pick you bag up yourself in the evening, or you can have it send to your hotel room (only in selected hotels).

So I started my traditional morning stroll through the park. I just love having a quiet walk when other guests are not in the park yet, because EMH visitors usually go for the attractions. I enjoy all the music around the park, the little corners and details. In the meantime, I pick up a jacket for my dad and a little Maleficent Scarf for my mom, also on sale. I go back to Fantasyland to check the line for reservation for the Princess Pavilion, but judging the size of that queue, I decide to skip this today.

It’s around 11 by now and Winnie is on the program to meet guests at Casey’s Corner 11.15, so I decide to go in the queue and I’m about the 8th person in line. Winnie is super energetic, doing his exercise in between the families, striking silly poses and cuddling around. When it’s my turn I go for a hug first and then give my brand new Photopass+ to the photographer and my own camera to the character host (ACC). The pictures turned out really cute!



I hop parks to the Walt Disney Studios for the Star ‘n Cars character meets. I saw some pictures of the past few days with princesses there (Merida, Rapunzel, Belle in her Blue Dress, Mulan), Beast, Sulley and so on, so my hopes were really high. The characters for today were Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Mr. Smee, Remy, Emile, Lilo, Stitch, Pinocchio, Gepetto, Rabbit, Woody, Jessie and Mr. & Mrs. Incredible. I stayed around for 2 of the 3 sets and met 6 of them: Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pinnochio, Rabbit and Jessie.







I hopped parks again to look for characters in the Disneyland Park. I miss Mary Poppins and some pinguins by a few minutes, Pluto and Goofy are at Castle stage, Pinocchio and Gepetto at Bella Notte Restaurant, Hook and Mr. Smee in Adventureland at that time. Alice, Peter, Wendy and the Tweedles had been out too, but I didn’t find them while strolling in the park.

Frozen summer fun is calling my name by now… As much as I’m done with the whole hype around the movie, I was really excited to see the show. People are already queuing 30 before, so I grab a Frozen themed Slush and join in for the French presentation of the show. The show is actually a sing a long of the songs. The storyline is about Anna organizing a party for Elsa. I won’t tell too much about it, just that it’s a really cool show and let the pictures speak for itself.








It was almost time for Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome through Main Street and Fantasyland, so I hit a bench near the gate at It’s a small world, Suzy & Perla were meeting there and there was almost no one, so I quickly said hi to them and ask them about their day. I met another Belgian family and watched the royal invitation with them and just enjoyed the sun watching for parade.










 During the day, a friend of mine had texted me to meet him after parade and he would take me for a surprise. He had arranged that I could meet the princesses at the Auberge de Cendrillon that night. I couldn’t be more happy! And I literally lost it when Belle was there, I never met her before and she was just so sweet and I was really starstruck I didn’t even know what to say. Me and my friend grabbed some dinner together, we picked up my purchases from in the morning, watched the second Royal Invitation and left for my train home…






What a truly magical day it was again, the magic is always in every corner at Disneyland Paris…
Have a magical day!!

Xx
Gaëtane

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten