Redirect

woensdag 1 februari 2017

Disney x Fashion | Guest Writer DisneyDuckLover - Disney Fashion FOR MEN

Hi everyone! 


Often we see girls rocking their best Disney Fashion or Disney Bound to the parks... All I can say is: SLAY QUEENS! But Disney Fashion is also open to men, that's why I asked my friend J aka DisneyDuckLover, who always wears cool Disney Fashion to the parks, to write a little piece on Disney Fashion for men! I hope you enjoy! xx Gaëtane

DisneyDuckLover

I don’t know about you, but as a male Disney fan, I always find it so hard to get hold of cool Disney clothing, which I love to wear at the Disney parks. The interaction you get from a character when they see a picture of themselves on your hat, t-shirt or bag is often priceless!

Donald did not like my pin lanyard covering the picture of him that was on my shirt, so tucked my pins away for our picture – such a funny and unforgettable moment!

In the UK, females can find lots of cool Disney clothing and apparel items at huge stores like Primark, Tesco, Asda, and even more high street stores like Top-Shop. Unless you’re into Star Wars and Marvel, guys have a much tougher job to find items that feature Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and the classic Disney animated characters.

Well, I want to share with you some of the places I find my Disney clothing. Now ladies, stay with me, because maybe you’ll see something perfect for your husband/boyfriend, or son, cousin, best friend or whoever!

RedBubble: I LOVE this site, because you find items with characters that no store would ever stock! For example I got myself an awesome t-shirt a couple of years ago that featured Ludwig Von Drake and Huey, Dewey and Louie! I wore it to Disneyland Paris and Donald and Daisy Duck LOVED it!

 
I’ve even uploaded a couple of designs myself including the Three Little Pigs (Fifer Pig went bananas when he saw himself on my t-shirt!), and my ultimate favourite character Scrooge McDuck, check out my items:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/ducklover/shop


eBay: It’s not just second hand items on here, often they have new items, and from all over the world! I got myself a t-shirt with Ducktales’ hero Launchpad McQuack from here, and it was brand new with tags – he loved seeing himself on clothing and we flew away together! For us Europeans, you often find the official Disney t-shirts that stores like Walmart in the USA stock, on eBay. I find they often have designs from obscure but amazing Disney characters like Gadget and Monty from Rescue Rangers, and Darkwing Duck!

 Uniqlo: This store stock some of my favourite designs, because they have LOTS for men that have Mickey, Donald, Goofy and all the old school classic characters. Amazingly they also sometimes have items with Donald AND Daisy on, or Mickey AND Minnie, which is ultra rare for guys’ Disney clothing. I get a lot of stuff from Uniqlo, including this Donald and Mickey t-shirt which went down a storm when they did a very rare co-meet & greet last year in Disneyland Paris. You can see how cheeky Mickey got:
 
http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/feature/uq/ut/top/

GAP: They recently just launched a small collection for men, limited to Mickey Mouse, but really cute (and high quality). Sadly, I don’t have any pictures of me wearning my GAP Mickey sweater with the mouse himself, but the quality is exceptional and well worth it.http://www.gap.co.uk/browse/search.do?searchText=disney#pageId=0&department=75

Vans: I’m sure a lot of you are aware of the Vans x Disney collections, and I’ve gotten myself a few of the bags and hats (I was never keen on their footwear though). The current collection focuses on Toy Story, but previous collections have included Winnie the Pooh, the Disney villains and the #1 duck! Whenever I wear my Donald bag, and he sees it, he really likes it, as this short video shows:Vans Instagram
Ocassionally you’ll find items on websites such as Tesco and Asda, but it is very rare, and you have to check regularly. Sadly, these items are usually limited to either being Mickey Mouse or Grumpy.

There’s been a lot of discussion on how in the past Disney have not marketed enough Star Wars and Marvel material at females, and rightly so, they didn’t. As a guy who loves Donald Duck (and Daisy even more than Donald!), I think Disney do need to do a better job at licensing their classic characters to fashion retailers that produce items for men. I do not remember the last time I saw a Goofy, Simba or Jafar t-shirt for men in a regular store in the UK.

Disney in the US, are better at this, check out stores such as Wal-Mart and Hot Topic that have t-shirts and hats with amazing characters such as Mad Hatter, Captain Hook, Scar and Scrooge McDuck quite regularly – be careful of the high shipping costs though!

Do you have any Disney fashion secrets you’d like to share? Let me know on Twitter or Instagram:

Catch you later, folks!
The Duck Man

x

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten