Redirect

woensdag 18 januari 2017

Make Up - Kat von D Beauty

Once you go Kat, you never go back!



Hi Mad Family! 

I've been trying out a totally new brand of make up recently, at least it's new to me, and I'd love to talk to you about it! So if you want to read about Kat von D Beauty products, just scroll down!


Why Kat von D Beauty?
I've been a fan of Kat von D ever since the first seasons of Miami Ink. Her portrait tattoos are to die for! She's such an idol to me, because she doesn't take shit from anyone, she knows what she wants, basically everything I'd want to be! Back in 2008 (if I recall correctly), it was first announced that KvD and Sephora would collaborate to design a line of lipsticks. Quickly KvD Beauty grew to a full range of make up with foundation, powders, eyeshadows, lipsticks, just everything you need. There was only one downside: it was so hard to get my hands on from here in Belgium. I'm not a person that shops for make up online, because I'm always scared that the images online will not be try to reality, also foundation is really hard to match online. So I was really happened when it was announced KvD Beauty was coming to Debenhams in the UK (which is still not close, but we do you to London twice a year)! And also recently they announced the launch in Sephora France, so I can't wait to pick up more stuff!


How I choose what to get
Because I had been researching and waiting to get the make up for so long, I really went into Debenhams on Oxford Street with a mission: I wanted a Full Face of Kat Von D Beauty Make Up. For people not familiar with this term, it basically means that you can do your full make up, using only make up from one brand.

The products & first impressions

Face


KvD Lock It Foundation in the shade Light 47 Neutral. It is a 24hr wear, full coverage, transfer-resistant foundation with a matte finish. The shade range is really big, with 33 colors available, it's really easy to find the perfect shade for your skin. For a full coverage foundation, the texture isn't really thick (not like the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation at least). The finish is indeed really matte and even a bit powdery. I wouldn't say that it is transfer-proof, because on my nose for example, it easily rubs off. Anyway, it gives you a really flawless look, even if you have dry skin. The actual tube is a bit chunky, but I like the way it's working. When you push foundation out, the bottom actually moves up, so you don't waste any product in the tube. 


KvD Lock It Concealer Crème in the shade L7 Warm. I got this shade because it's two shades (approximately) lighter than the foundation. This concealer is available in 21 shades, one of which is basically white, which is lovely! It says to be super-creamy, blendable full coverage with 24hr wear, which is all true! I love the concealer. Only think I'd have to say about it, is to work quickly with it, because it sets rather quickly. So I recommend to work it in quickly or use a damp brush while working with it. I like this a lot, because it doesn't go into my fine lines, which the Nars Concealer does.



KvD Lock It Translucent Setting Powder. This is really THE discovery of this haul for me. I've informed multiple times at MAC to get their loose setting powder, but every time I walk out with something different. So I was convinced to pick it up and I've never realized how much one needs a loose powder in his life. It has a light shimmer in it and makes your skin even more lovely matte, without the cake. You get a big tub of 19grams of powder, which is really good value.




KvD Shade 'n Light Face Contour Palette. Without a doubt the most hyped face product by Kat von D Beauty and which a reason, because it's amazing! It has 6 contour/non-shimmer highlight shades, divided in light/medium/dark. The palette has a large mirror in it and the powder are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. My favorite combination is the light contour shade called Sombre, with the highlight shade from the medium area, called Lyric. This palette recently was released with refillable pans. I am not familiar with any other contour palettes, but I feel like this palette works for everyone!



Eyes


KvD Shade 'n Light Eyeshadow Quad in Plum. This was a bit of an impulse buy if I'm honest, I had the Metal/Matte palette on my list, but this wasn't yet available at Debenhams. So I remembered a video by Helen Anderson and she had the Plum Quad which looked beautiful on her, so I decided to pick up that one. It goes really well with my green eyes. The colors are very pigmented again, so you only need a little for a full look. On the back, it actually says base, define, contour and highlight, which makes it really easy to use, but of course you're free to use the colors however you want. Another hit, although four colors is a bit limited to create an eyelook with for me personally.



KvD Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I never want anything else! I had never used this type of felt-tip pen to apply eyeliner, you don't need a hand as steady as a liquid eyeliner, but you can create more movement than with gel eyeliner. The tip consists of individual hairs if I can say that, with makes the tip ultra-fine and moveable. The liner itself is extremely black and matte and lovely to use. I really want to try some more dramatic eyeliner option with it.


And last but not least, I picked up three of the KvD Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. These are available in 30 shades. They are long-lasting and highly pigmented. Only remark I have to make that they are rather drying for your lips, but so are most matte (liquid) lipsticks. They do are long lasting and really easy to apply. I picked up the shades Witches (pitch black), Ayesha (midtone purple) and Exorcism (deep red).

It's also nice to note that all these products are 100% cruelty-free and vegan!

When buying 50 pound worth of products, you got a free tote bag

Full Face of KvD Beauty tutorial


On the Wishlist
- Metal/Matte Eyeshadow Palette
- Alchemist Palette
- Pastel Goth Eyeshadow Palette
- Brushes
- Priming mist
- Lock-It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer

I hope you enjoyed this little review. Let me know if you are planning on picking up some KvD products or if you have already tried them, which ones are your favorites?

TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!
xo
Gaëtane

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten