Redirect

vrijdag 16 december 2016

Skincare Review - Lancôme - Energie de Vie

Made of unstoppable energy


Hi Mad Family!

Good skincare, that's what everyone is looking for right? Good skincare is relative, because a product can work for one person, but do nothing for another and vice versa. Good skincare doesn't have to be expensive, you just have to find something that works for your skin! For me, the journey was at least to say: rocky! My skin is a weirdo, it likes every product for a little while and then it starts reacting badly: pimples, spots, decoloration, the full package. But after trying multiple brands of multiple price ranges, I'm happy to say that I have found a products range that works for my dry, sensitive skin.

Inspired by the power of nature, discover Energie de Vie at Lancôme.
A skincare collection that combines 3 exceptional plant life-forces; leaving your skin brimming with vital energy every day. As if bathed in morning dew, skin regains its natural quality;
a refined texture, healthy glow and renewed bounce.
Stimulate your skin and your senses for visible results with Energie de Vie


The Collection
The Collection consists of three products: a pearly lotion, a liquid moisturiser and a sleeping mask. I've tried two, namely the Liquid Moisturizer and the Sleeping Mask. The products were recommended to me by Nicole, the owner of my local beauty store. 

Energie de Vie Liquid Moisturiser
The smoothing & glow boosting liquid care is enriched with Goji Berry and Lemon Balm Oil. It is the perfect all-in-one liquid care for your skin. It really helps revitalize your skin if it feels dull, tired or dry (or all for those). The product smells really fresh, even minty sometimes. I like to use 3 to 4 pumps on my face and rub it gently. Even though the texture is oily, it doesn't leave your skin greasy or overly shiny. You end up with a healthy glow and skin that radiates from health! I also use it under my make up and it really helps set your make up into place and not break the foundation on top down.


This product really helped getting my skin more healthy. Because of the plumping ingredients, I always end up with a natural healthy glow. I even use it underneath my make up. Under my eyes I was struggling with really rough patches, which was gently fixed by this product. Your skin looks radiant all day, but it doesn't make your skin overly shiny or sticky... Perfect!

The moisturiser retails at £28 (30ml) or £42 (50ml) (official website) - €31,9 (30ml) or €48,5 (50ml) at Ici Paris XL Belgium
This product is also on the Glamour Beauty Power List

Energie de Vie Sleeping Face Mask
The overnight recovery sleeping mask is enriched with the same smoothing and hydrating ingredients as the moisturiser. This mask has a more gel-like texture, which makes it really light on your skin but rich in hydration at the same time. You can use this mask in two ways:
1/ put a thin layer all over your face and leave it set for the whole night for a daily hydration boost
2/ put a generous layer and leave it on for 10 minutes and remove the left over product with a tissue


Personally, I like to use a small amount every day, because I already had dry skin and now with the cold it dries out my skin even more. Maybe in summer I'd use it 2 to 3 times a week (as the website recommend), but now in winter I like my skin to be well hydrated. Also because in winter I like to use full coverage foundation, which tend to cling to dry patches more than medium or light coverage foundations.

The face mask retails at £42 (official website) - €55,5 at Ici Paris XL Belgium


I definitely recommend using the combination of the two products, because they work complementary day and night. If you don't have extremely dry skin, the moisturizer only would go a long way in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend this product for people with oily skin, because the product is so intensely hydrating, but please to ask for advice when in the store.


What is your favorite skincare? Any recommandations for products I should try? Let me know!

xo
Gaëtane

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten