Redirect

zondag 8 november 2015

MAC Cosmetics | Magic of the night collection | Holiday collection 2015

We are the heroes of the night
But we're dancing with the demons in our minds



November 7th must've been marked in all diaries of beautylovers in Belgium and The Netherlands, because MAC was launched its Christmas collection in stores. The online launch was on October 29th, which I missed to some other magic happening at Disneyland Paris (which you'll read about in a later blogpost). I love going shopping in my not-so-local, but still closest to my house MACstore in Ghent, where I'm always welcomed with open arms and amazing tips & tricks.



I left my house early, because I didn't want to live the same disappointed as with the Cinderella collection (long story short: arrived late-ish in the city centre, all parking lots were full, arrived at the store 3 minutes after opening time and BAM some stuff had already sold out). I ended up being half an hour early at the shop, seeing the lovely girls who work there putting together the most AMAZING make up look using all the products of the new range. Having a little peek through the window, I also saw that the Enchanted Eve collection also had already entered the building, but I was here for the Magic of the Night one. Don't get me wrong, the other collection also looks amazing, especially the make up bags, but the addict that I am, I do have at least one product in each of the sets, so that left me more money for the Magic of the Night collection.

My haul

My aim with special collections is only to get the stuff that is exclusive for that collection, by which I mean not to buy for example a lipstick that is always in the range, but just in the special packaging. I managed quite well this time, I only gave in to Nightmoth lip pencil, as I heard so many people rave about it and I actually never tried it.

Nightmoth lip pencil, blackened plum (€16,50)





The other lip pencil released was Redd, but as I don't really have problems wearing red lipstick without pencil underneath, so this one could stay in the shop. Two other things that I did not pick up were the Pearl Glide Intense Eye Liners in Petrol Blue and Black Swan (just because I did not need more eyeliners in my life).

The packaging for this collection is shiny purple and green and looks just fabulous! Also the color range on all products ranges from shiny pinky nude to green and purples, all with the help of glitter.


Every time that we rendez-vous
The lipstick part of this collection consisted of 4 lipstick, two of which are new. Please Me (matte) and All fired up (Retro Matte) being the repackaged already existing colors. The new colors were Evening Rendezvous which is a beautiful matte purple lipstick with red undertones, slightly similar to Instigator, but more bright purple.
The second new color is Dark Side a deep browny, burgundy red in the amplified creme formula.

Evening Rendezvous (€21)


Dark Side (€21)



Dark Side & Evening Rendezvous





Starry eyed

Next up are my favorites of this collection: the Colourdrenched Pigment Eyeshadows. All of these five pressed eyeshadow have a frost finish, which is oftenly said to be more sheer and less pigmented, but OMG these colors are out there. All of these retail at 23 euros a piece.
Night thrill is a gold shimmer color, and probably the most sheer one of this fabulous five. On me, it turned more yellow that gold, but all depends of course on your skin tone and type.


Ascent of Glamour is a cobalt violet-blue and my favorite of the five, just because it matches nicely with my green eyes.


Tonight's the Night is a deep blackened teal.


Moon is blue is as the name says a royal blue and would go perfectly with Atlantic Blue eyeshadow (also from MAC).


And last but not least is No Taboos which is a blackened blue.This one turns grey with blue undertones on me.


All these colors are perfect to create a festive shimmery smokey eye look and are buildable in intensity of color, but the color payoff is extremely good. They can be used wet or dry, just note that if you use them wet, the consistancy might change a bit after a while.




Beams are gonna blind me
Last up are the Extra Dimension Skinfinish pressed powders.
Shaft of Gold & Oh Darling
Oh, darling(€34,5) is a metallic gold powder, that can be used as a highlighter. There are no huge chunks of glitters or sparkle in there, it's a very pigments yet flawless powder with tons of shimmer. For some reason the name of this powder reminded me of Cruella (well Disneygeek for life).


Shaft of Gold (€34,5) is a deep bronze powder, that can be used for contouring or blush. If you like contouring with shiny powder, this will be your friend, as well as if you like skiny brown-toned blush. Notice that if you have really fair skin, Shaft of Gold might be too dark to contour with.




I had nothing but love for this whole collection, that's why I picked up so many pieces of it (Disclaimer: yes, I bought all of this from my own money). Availability is limited though, so hurry if you got excited seeing these beautiful products


xx
Gaëtane

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten