Redirect

vrijdag 2 september 2016

Make Up - Urban Decay - Lipstick is my Vice

Too much vice is never enough


Hi Mad Family!

I still remember the press release by Urban Decay coming out: they were going to relaunch their existing lipstick range and were going to be added shades to reach a huge launch of 100 lipstick shades! Yes 100 shades! Which girl wouldn't swoon away by the thought of that?

Urban Decay only became available in Belgium in April 2015 at Ici Paris XL, but only in certain bigger stores. My fellow make up addicted friends had told me 5 million times before: you have to try Urban Decay it's great! But for some reason and also because it was hard to get, I never really bothered. I always kept track off their releases and at the end of last year, when they released the Gwen Stefani collab, I picked up the products from that range and fell in love with the brand (which is hard to admit as a former hard core MAC junkie). It was hard not to pick up any of the lipsticks then, because the word for the relaunch was already out. So I saved up a fair bit of money to have a big haul when the new lipsticks launched.

Information
The relaunch consisted of 100 shades (some of them already existing, most of them new ones) in 6 different finishes: mega matte, comfort matte, cream, metallized, sheer and sheer shimmer. Alongside, they launched 52 24/7 glide on lip pencils matching the shades. Are you impressed yet? Well, it gets better! They also launched an app for smartphones where you can take a selfie without any lipstick on and try on all shades, swiping left/right for like/dislike. It's basically Tinder for lipstick. 
The Official Urban Decay website: Lipstick is my vice!
In Belgium available at Ici Paris XL: Vice in Belgium
Get the app: search for Vice Lipstick in Google Play or App Store

A little review
The budget I pulled out for this haul, allowed me a fair amount. So in advance, I made a list of the shades I really wanted to pick up. In the end I also picked up the Ultimate Ozone Primer, which is really a must have primer in my opinion! It is amazing and helps your lipstick last a long time, even when eating or drinking.

I picked up 19 shades in total, with at least one of each finish. Going from nudes over purples, to the really out there blue and black.



I took picture of every shade individually, but posting all those pictures would make this post extremely long. So I have selected some group ones. The packaging is really beautiful black with a sliced up lipstick on the front and says VICE in golden lettering. There's a sticker with the name of the shade and a representative of the color inside on the side. I do feel that the actual color in the bullet is slightly different, but at least you can see what shade is inside without having to open the whole thing. The bullets themselves are very sleek and are silver with a golden bottom. When I first opened a packaging, I did struggle a bit to open them, as the base is really small to grab on, but when you get used to that, that's totally no problem. One slight issue I've had a few times carrying these in my handbag and having to go through an X-Ray, I get stopped and asked to take them out and show them to security, probably because they are so metallic and hard to distinguish in an X-Ray.



I had watched a ton of YouTube videos with swatches before deciding which shades to get. The main thing for me to make a decision was that the colors had to be different from the MAC lipsticks I already had. Knowing me, I did end up with some purples similar to ones I already had, but you can't have enough purple lipsticks!

Top row: Backtalk (Comfort Matte) - Violate (cream) - Peyote (Metallized)
Second row: Frenemy (cream) - Amulet (Metallized) - Perversion (Comfort Matte) - Heroine (Comfort Matte)
Third row: Rapture (cream) - Conspiracy (Metallized) - Blackmail (Comfort Matte) - Liquid (Sheer)
Fourth row: Pandemonium (Mega Matte) - Afterdark (Comfort Matte) - Venom (cream) - Bad Blood (Comfort Matte)
Fifth row: Jawbreaker (Mega Matte) - Twitch (cream) - Bittersweet (Comfort Matte) - Seismic (sheer shimmer) - 


Generally, I can say I am really happy with this haul! The shades I picked up are amazing! They are so pigmented, are long lasting and are very hydrating for the lips (even the matte ones)! I have used every single one of them multiple times already. The only two finishes that I'm not a fan of, which is totally personal, are the sheer and sheer shimmer. I had picked up Seismic (Sheer Shimmer) & Liquid (Sheer) and they are just not my cup of tea. I like the out there very outstanding colors, so when I have lipstick on, I want them pigmented. These two are just a bit to transparant on their own, but I do like them as a glossy layer over one of the matte purples. I am definitely planning on picking up some more shades!

The Nudes: Peyote (Metallized) - Violate (cream) - Backtalk (Comfort Matte) - Rapture (cream)

Have you already splurged on some of these lipsticks? Or did you get tempted reading this post? Which one is your favorite? Feel free to leave a comment!

TTFN! Ta Ta For Now!
xo
Gaëtane

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten